If you’re building a new WordPress website, or just going through some updates on your current site, sometimes it’s best to hide the works until they’re finished. In this situation WordPress coming soon plugins come to help.
Here you’ll find simple instructions how to install Coming Soon plugin, and the basics how to use it.
How to install Coming Soon plugin to WordPress
First step – open your WordPress website’s admin panel, and select Plugins > Add new. Here you’ll find WordPress plugin repository.
Enter coming soon to the search box, and in just couple of seconds you’ll get a huge list of various plugins that could be used to set your website to a status like “under construction”.
You don’t need to try all of the extensions to find out which would work best for you. Just pick the first one – most popular and quite simple to use – Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd. Click Install Now, and then activate it.
How to configure WordPress Coming Soon plugin
After installing and activating plugin you will be automatically redirected to plugin’s content page. If everything you want is to enter a message to website visitors that the website is temporary closed, you can do it in less than a minute. Here’s how:
- Click on Enable Coming Soon Mode in General settings.
- Select a logo you want to display (optional)
- Enter headline (for example, “coming soon”, “website maintenance”). Headline will be shown using bold large font.
- In the Message section enter more information – what’s being done, when the website will be ready etc. This section uses default WordPress WYSIWYG text editor, so you can use text formatting, add images, links.
- Click Save All Changes button to activate coming soon mode.
After activating coming soon mode in WordPress you won’t notice any difference in website usage if you’re logged in to WordPress /admin section. You could browse through the pages, make any change you want. All the other website visitors will only see coming soon page. Something like that: